The ultimate small business is a website run out of your home. Think about it. No brick and mortar (aka additional rent for an office). You can teach yourself how to build a website or hire someone to build one for you relatively cheaply.
Websites are the ultimate small business. You have minimal overhead other than computer and web hosting costs, advertising, education expenses, and whatever you put into your product or content.
Another amazing thing about running an online business is you can run it from your apartment, your cubicle, or a beach in Jamaica (as long as there’s wifi).
The sheer scalability of a website is an exciting thing too. Anyone anywhere (well, perhaps not those in China) can visit your online storefront and make a purchase or learn more about your service or whatever it is you have to offer.
If you are interested in starting a small business in whatever field and you haven’t started a website yet, I would recommend that you look into it. Your competitors are.
- Reasons to Build a Website for Your Small Business
- Passion Makes Your Online Business Ventures Easier
- 30 Ways to Invoice Clients for Freelancers and Small Businesses
- Where to Find Internet Writers for Your Blog or Online Business
- 3 Reasons to Start an Online Business