Hubpages Adsense Earnings for August

August 31st, 2009 by chris Leave a reply »

Since I’ve written several posts about how to make money with Hubpages, I figured I would give you a look at my Hubpages earnings just to let you know that it really is possible to make money writing good content at the site.

Read my post on how to make money with Hubpages.

First of all, Hubpages is a site where you can sign up for an account, write content, and earn money from Adsense ads that are displayed when you publish your work.  You get to keep 60 percent of the revenue while Hubpages, quite fairly, gets to keep 40 percent.  The exposure and traffic you will get just by publishing on the site is well-worth the site’s cut of profits.

My Hubpages Earnings for August were $76.30.

I have about 30 Hubs that get most of my traffic and, admittedly, some of them are based on low paying keywords.  I know these earnings could have been higher if I had a stronger focus on higher cost per click terms. But some of the lower paying niche I write about are fun and I like them, so I’m not going to stop. There are some simple ways to earn more money with your Hubs, which I write about in a few of my articles here.

These earnings required no outside promotion or any link-building other than linking from similar Hubs, which is something you want to do when you can.  See the above link for more details about back-links.

What I want you to take out of this earnings statement is that you can earn money on Hubpages too.  The great part is I have already written these hubs and, in terms of search, they will only do better.  Older content earns more traffic over time.  These hubs are like pieces of online real estate that will earn money every single month.

So, as I add more hubs, my income will only increase.  And if I pay attention to higher earning keywords and niches, I will earn more money as well. One lesson I’ve learned is that it can be a little disheartening when you see how low some hubs pay because it’s all related to products and advertisers in your given niche. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop writing about these subjects because, frankly, it’s not all about money–at least, not all the time.

The second thing I want you to get out of this Hubpages income report is that your hubs will be indexed more quickly by Google and other search engines, you will gain higher pagerank faster, and will earn more traffic in a shorter amount of time than you would starting a brand new blog.

I’m not trying to discourage you from starting your own money-making blog, I just want to relate that you can harness the power and authority of a well-respected site to make money online while also promoting yourself and your own website. I will post one of these income reports every month, so stay tuned.

If you haven’t yet, subscribe to my RSS feed so you can get these posts delivered to you and don’t have to worry about bookmarking them. If you’re interested in making money on Hubpages (even though making money isn’t what it’s all about), definitely keep an eye on this site, because I’m interested in it as well and will provide tips from my own experience.

If you write internet content, Hubpages is a great place to write some articles.  Sign up here.

Quick Hubpages Tips:

Do some keyword research and write a good, descriptive title.  This will help you gain more traffic.

When you can, link from one related Hub to another related Hub.  This not only helps your reader find the information they’re looking for, it also helps you create more traffic, and thus, more opportunity to make money from Hubpages.

Related posts:

1. Hubpages Income Report: June 2010
  2. Hubpages Income Report November 2009
  3. Make Money Online Writing at Hubpages
  4. Adding eBay Blocks to Hubpages to Increase Revenue
  5. Make Money on Hubpages by Writing Multiple Hubs on the Same Topic

Only comments with a name (not keywords or anchor text) will be published. Links to sales pages will be deleted. Comments that don't contribute or are just for a link will be deleted.

26 comments

1. Tiptopcat says:

Hello there!
    I am also on my own money making journey using, among other things, hubpages. I did exactly as you did. I wrote some articles using keyword research and quite a few just for fun. The “funny” thing is that the hubs that get the most visitors earn next to nothing and all rank quite well in Google. A bit of shame really. However it is really difficult to just write money making articles as they can be a little on the boring side.
    I look forward to watching my earnings grow and I wish you good luck with yours.

2. C Walker says:

I have also been using hubpages for the last 4 months to earn extra money. The authority that hubpges carry in Google makes it very easy to get pages indexed and ranked quickly. Very little link building is needed for long tail keywords to rank high in Google serps using hubpages. Hubpages is also an excellent source for backlinks to your money sites if you use it properly. Too many people try to spam sites like hubpages and squidoo for personal gains only to have them lose authority in Google. I would like to advise everyone using these sites to do so carefully as the day may come that you need to have relevant backlinks quickly . If you destroy their integrity they will be of little use to any of us. There are quite a few very good writers that rely on hubpages for their livelihood. Please be considerate of other people when you write on these sites and don’t use a bunch of spam content just to get ranked.

3. chris says:

You bring up an excellent point! It is a waste of time to write spammy articles at hubpages (or anywhere for that matter) because they aren’t valuable in any way, and besides, they will probably be subjected to moderation and possibly taken down from the site until edited properly.

One of the things that hubpages does really well is making sure that content is decent quality, which means they do a good job filtering out spam really quickly. I have encountered many good, some great, writers at the site and I hope this doesn’t change!

You also bring up a good point about aging your hubs and saving them for links to new content you create down the road, either on Hubpages or elsewhere.

4. Mike says:

I have a handful of articles on hubpages, I was them to generate traffic to my blog. I wasn’t even thinking about using them to generate income. I’m going to have to go and read thru your articles when I have more time longer than a lunch break.

5. chris says:

Mike,

There are quite a few people making some decent money on Hubpages. I’ve run into a few people who say they’re making a living from writing there, but I don’t know how accurate that it. You might as well make a few bucks on your existing hubs though. If you have several hubs about coffee, for instance, you should definitely link them to each other.

6. BigManta says:

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with HubPages. It’s interesting to see what methods are working for people – and which ones aren’t. It appears that for each article you’re earning a little more than $2 per month, do you feel it’s worth the effort?

7. Sean Durrant says:

Hi Chris

Interesting post. I hadn’t got to looking at hubpages yet so it was well timed.

Do you think sites like hubpages and squidoo will be favoured over the article sites?

8. chris says:

Sean,
    I think they do different things. If you want to build more links to your work, article directories are better because people will obviously be able to take your work and reprint it (hopefully still with your links attached in the signature!). Article sites like ezinearticles.com and goarticles.com have high page ranks and get a lot of respect from Google, so if you craft a well-written article with some keyword research, your article could quickly move up the serps and get you some traffic. It is always good to mix things up though and have links from a variety of places. Hubpage “hubs” seem to acquire page rank really quickly for you. I would use article directories and Hubpages.

In my experience, I have been able to drive more traffic form article directory sites–but Hubpages can be a good addition as well, and you can earn money in the process from those who click your ads. I would add a few hubs into the mix of your promotional efforts and see what happens. They might take off and work really well for you.

9. Emma Johnson says:

Adsense can earn you significant income if you know how to use it right.

10. George says:

Hubpages is hard to make some money on in the beginning. But once you get rolling and write a bunch of stuff, you can earn quite easily. It really does take time to start making money with Hubpages though. It’s easy to start to get down on yourself when you make no money, but part of the online thing is waiting and having patience. If you can have patience you will be able to make money from the things you write on hubpages.com. And you can have fun while you’re doing it too.

11. Roslyn says:

Hey – Good job on the Hubpages income. I also hope to make some good money from Hubpages. All I need to do is write a lot more content for the site. Thanks for the hard work here. I enjoy reading your articles.

12. Cristi says:

I’m trying to learn how to make money on hubpages. Thanks for your efforts and you inspiration. I made a few dollars with some ads on hubpages, but I know that I need to do some better keyword research and write a lot more.

13. Hilde Kuzmin says:

It’s always nice to see earnings increase over time. I’ve only been on hubpages for 6 weeks, but I’m starting to make money already and it’s great.

14. Ebook Store says:

I made my first $20 last month–a combination of Adsense and Hupbages ads program. It’s not much, but it’s sort of empowering.

15. Casey Carlton says:

Nice work! I’ve read all of your hubpages earnings posts, but why haven’t you put any up lately? I’d love to see how you are progressing with your hubpages income at this point. Are you still writing hubs?

16. chris says:

Casey – I’m not writing TOO many hubs, but I do write one or two every once in a while. But since older content gains authority (sometimes), my hubs are still getting significant traffic (well, at least some of them) and I’m earning some money. Maybe I will write another income report for the past several months.

17. chris says:

There is nothing easy about making money online, so making $20 is an accomplishment.

18. James87 says:

I made about $18 through Amazon and about $13 with the hubpages advertising program. I’m excited, it’s my biggest month yet.

19. chris says:

James – Keep at it. You’re doing great! The hardest thing is to get to the first $100 per month in online income.

20. Marie Brossman says:

I think that hubpages really requires that you write in one or two areas and really provide a lot of good information that people are looking for. I like the new layout–all of my Hubs look a little classier. I have to be honest, I don’t like the way they crack down so hard on authors sometimes. I get automated notices telling me that my hubs are in a certain category that is very spammy, even though the articles referenced are legit articles with no spam and no affiliate links. I think they need to do a better job in how they approach us or I might not be sticking around much longer. But I have noticed that since the design change I have made more money with Hubpages.

21. Bobby says:

It’s nice to see that you can actually make money with hubpages.

22. Carl Swanson says:

Great post — nice to see you can make money on hubpages.

23. John Nabors says:

Great news on hubpages — but I have heard that it’s quite a bit harder to earn from there these days.

24. chris says:

It’s harder to earn money with any kind of website these days! Quality content wins though. That’s my mantra!