This is meant to be a really short post with three short reasons your niche website is making no money. I’ve built a few sites based around tightly defined niches — some successful, some not. By comparing my successes with my failures, I think I am in a good position to offer up some lessons I have learned in the niche marketing game.
Three Reasons You’re Niche Site Makes No Money
1) You don’t care about the products associated with the niche or people interested in the niche. In comparing two successful sites I’ve created and that generate income against two unsuccessful sites that don’t generate income, it’s clear to me that you need to at least sort of like the niche you are building the website around. If you like the niche, you will spend more time working on the site. Try to find a niche that you don’t despise.
2) Sales in your niche don’t pay well. If you’re working your tail off to sell a product that generates a $10 commission for you, then you need to sell a lot of this product to make any money. Sure, it will probably be difficult in the beginning to sell products that generate higher commissions, but in the long run, it may be a better idea to promote higher cost products. Why work your butt off for small commissions? Selling anything is difficult. Seeing one big commission will encourage you to work even harder.
3) You don’t genuinely recommend the products you are, um, recommending. This is probably the biggest hurdle to having a successful niche website. If you are only thinking about the money at the end of the road, you probably won’t get too far. I don’t mean that it is bad to be thinking about profit at every step of the process of creating a niche site — I mean, why else would we make niche sites? — I just mean that it will be a whole lot easier to make money in a niche with products you can genuinely recommend. Make things easier on yourself.
*I want you to feel like this when you’re working on your niche websites.
- How to Find a Niche To Blog About
- 3 Reasons to Start an Online Business
- How Do You Make Money with Internet Marketing?